Here are some reasons why Katie is my best friend:
1. She will travel around the DC metro area with me on my quest to find the best pizza in a 100-mile radius of my house.
2. She will save certain movies, like New Year’s Eve, for a trip when I visit her, because we must watch them together.
3. I admire her devotion to the USA Network.
4. We both have an unnatural love of shopping for snacks at Trader Joe’s.
Here are some reasons why Melissa is my best friend:
1. She cares about award shows and the sanctity of nomination morning, whether it be the Emmy’s, Gloden Globes, or Oscars.
2. She introduces me to music I could not live without most notably; Robyn, Elliott Smith, and Sleater Kinney.
3. We loved the WB as if it was the HBO of today. We watched Dawson’s Creek, Felicity and The Gilmore Girls (Melissa was also quite enamored with 7th Heaven).
4. She was most likely the first friend I had who understood what a Merchant Ivory film was and when we first met her movie star boy friend was Ralph Fiennes.