Previously on BATB, I watched the Olympics AND recapped BATB, all I can remember is that Vincent admitted he loved Cat, Cat and Mohinder made out, Tess and JT were about to get busy AND that Tom Everett Scott is a bad guy.
Just like last week this will just be bullet points of the shit as it goes down (ALSO guys if this reads better let me know cause it’s easier for me to write like this but I don’t want to switch formats if you feel like you are missing something and I only do this for YOU –seriously).
- VINCENT WORKING OUT!!!!!!!!! He is interrupted by Cat, who asks him if he wants them to be an us and of course it’s a dream.
- OHHHHH, but Cat did call Gabe, Vincent, over dinner –HAHAHAHAHAH!
- Thanks, Tess, I really did not need to hear about Cat and Gabe’s trip.
- They have a fake funeral for Gabe and not that many people come –because he is the WORST. [I feel like I am missing something? I was going to watch this but the Kanye-Kim proposal was calling to me on E! -M]
- Sam is creepy at the funeral and NOT that upset that Rohm is “dead,” I am very upset that Rohm is gone. I miss her, she really classed up the joint. [I feel like a Rohm-hot Joe spinoff is needed. -M]
- Vincent decides to go beast cold turkey to prove to Cat he loves her. JT and I give him side-eye.
- Cat and Gabe are gross and I do not like to watch them. It also makes it hard to recap because I want to fast-forward over their scenes.
- Gabe is looking for Tony Barnes, while he is “dead.”
- Tess is following Sam who visited a patient at the quarantined ward at Vincent’s old hospital. Gabe makes her take Vincent to the hospital because he is the “perfect” boyfriend and doesn’t want her to be alone and that he TRUSTS HER.
- Vincent impresses Cat by playing doctor at the hospital. He saves a life, it’s nice to see him get a win. He also gets to introduce Cat to his former mentor, Dr. Marcus.
- Cat finds out that the quarantined dude is named Jacob Sutter AND another dude named Jacob Sutter was recently quarantined but is now dead. Gabe says there was a Jacob Sutter in the orphanage with him. They assume that Sam is injecting Jacob Sutter in attempts to find the right one who will turn into a beast.
- Vincent impersonates a doctor and talks to the quarantined yet alive Jacob Sutter’s wife.
- Sam finds another Jacob Sutter. This whole multiple Jacob Sutter thing is confusing. [I am tired of just reading Jacob Sutter, I can imagine this was painful for you. -M]
- Cat goes to Bob for answers and calls Bob, dad –GROSS! Now that Ravenwood is cancelled I hope Heather comes back to remind Cat of the man who raised her, who was her “real” dad NOT Bob.
- Bob wants Cat to kill the beasts because eventually they will kill her, especially Vincent.
- Sam notices that the girls are following him. They are attacked by the new beast Sam created. Sam tranques the new beast.
- Tony Barnes is a mystery he has the Scooby gang stumped.
- JT and Vincent try to save the quarantined Jacob Sutter. Cat wants Vincent to find the new beast. JT gives her shit because Vincent wants to regain is humanity but it’s hard to do with her always wanting him to be a beast.
- Sam has the new beast locked in a dungeon and wants him to fight Vincent. Vincent tries to reason with Jacob and to promise him help. Jacob subdues Vincent, while Sam waits in the lab.
- Cat calls Tess she is worried about Vincent. Gabe tells Cat it’s okay to be worried about Vincent. This is the worst love triangle EVER! [Poor Gabe, that shit is not going to last. -M]
- Vincent tells JT he lost the fight with beast Jacob. Vincent isn’t sure he wants to kill another beast. JT says he sounds a lot like Cat. Vincent takes the antidote and tells JT he would rather save a Jacob instead of kill a Jacob –there are too many Jacobs but I too hope they are both saved!
- Dr. Marcus finds Vincent with the ill Jacob. He goes to call for security but Vincent convinces him to let him save Jacob.
- Sam and Tony Barnes are the same person, yes it is the only thing that makes sense, thanks Gabe.
- JT tells Cat that Vincent quit because he is trying to be a better person. She is kind of whiny about it –JT and I give her massive side-eye.
- Cat calls Sam and tells him she is on to him. He tells her this is revenge for his dead son.
- Gabe goes to save beast Jacob but is caught be Sam –RUH ROH!
- Vincent saves JACOB! Dr. Marcus gives Vincent an “atta boy!”
- Cat goes to Vincent to help find Gabe before Sam turns Gabe back into a beast –OH PLEASE TURN GABE INTO A BEAST! [I feel like this is the only story that makes sense. It might make him less of a wuss. -M]
- Gabe begs Sam not to turn him into a beast. Cat and Vincent arrive and stop Sam from injecting Gabe. Vincent battles beast Jacob while Cat goes after Sam. Beast Jacob is actually stronger than Vincent and goes to inject Gabe with the serum but is killed by Cat.
- Cat is upset that she killed Jacob because she didn’t see him as human. Vincent tells her he hesitated the other day because he could only see Jacob as human. They have a moment which is ruined by Gabe.
- Gabe ends the episode by getting really creepy with Cat and totally dropping his understanding boyfriend act, telling Cat that Vincent is not a man but a beast and that eventually she will have to cut him out of their lives. Cat doesn’t hit him she instead goes to bed with him and has a nightmare in which she kills Vincent.
- Sam does indeed find a new beast.
- Structurally this was one of the best episodes this season, AND I am super excited that Gabe’s true nature (AKA season 1) as an ass is coming back!
No new episodes until March 3rd, but when we return, Gabe tells Vincent to let Cat go if he loves her and then Cat and Vincent get hit by a car.
Photos from CW and gifs from batbnation.